Happy (week of) Halloween everyone!
October has been a crazy month for me with school and birthdays and work things. Overall, it has been a hectic, but productive month, with quite a bit of friend time thrown in there.
October in One Word:
My Favorite Memories in October 2013:
- Night of Fun with Cousin Abby and Jordan. Movie, ice cream, pumpkin carving, and late night chats are always a blast with these two
- Poboys and shopping on Magazine Street with the wonderful boyfriend
- Reading Allegaint by Veronica Roth, sobbing hysterically, and mourning with Book Club
- Visiting Boyfriend at L’auberge in Lake Charles while he was working there
- Cagen Jon’s 3rd birthday party.. He was a pirate!
Books I Read this Month: (Only 2! I did say it’s been a busy month for me…)
Favorite Posts from the Month:
- “Why Do Teachers Quit?” – An in-depth look at the factors that make teachers quit, or make them decide to stay in the classroom. From personal experience, this article is spot on with the state of the education system today.
- “When Friends Have Babies” – An interesting look at how friendships among women change after they have children
- “Feeling ‘Meh’ About Your Realized Dreams” – Not a very long post, but I love that someone is acknowledging that realizing your “dreams” isn’t always what it cracked up to be, and dreams shift and change as we grow.
- “The Real Swing Vote: How Republicans or Democrats Can Secure the Millennial Vote” – I loved this article for the pure fact that it calls out both sides of the political debate and shows the weaknesses that our generation sees in both parties. Fun fact: By 2020, the Millennial generation will make up 40% of registered voters!
Songs that were Popular on my iPod:
- Elite Daily and The Billfold – Two websites geared to 20somethings who are interested in politics, money matters, and random things. Satirical and funny, these two sites have been my go-to readings daily.
- New Highlighters – Yep, this can only come from a grad student. I bought new highlighters in 6 different colors, and my notes have become much more fun in the process.
- The Any.Do App – To Do List in an app form that has kept me on my toes. Soon, they are coming out with a calender app that syncs to the todo list, which will just increase my productivity!
3 Things I’m Looking Forward to in November
- Being done with 2 of my classes by Thanksgiving. Whoop whoop!
- So You Think You Can Dance performance in New Orleans with Simone!!
- Beginning my Christmas shopping for all of the lovely people in my life!
Favorite Quote from a Book I Read this Month