January in One Word: Winter!
My Favorite Memories in January 2014:
- New Year’s Eve. It counts as January, right?
- EY Pre-Busy Season Party… Fancy dresses, live band, and open bar make for a good time
- Painting at Pinot’s Palette. I think I did a pretty good job. Probably because I had a super awesome teacher, right Abby?
- Trekking back and forth to New Iberia over and over and over to see my favorite boy
- Making friends in gym classes
- Book club at Pour and that yummy drink with wonderful conversation
- Cymi Lynn’s 2nd birthday party
- Many lazy snow days with the kittens!
Books I Read this Month:
Ok, so I didn’t have a lot of success at the beginning of the month with starting and finishing novels…. But these are some that I actually completed:
- The Impossible Knife of Memory by Laurie Halse Anderson (Review)
- The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory
- The Kite Runner by Kahled Hosseini (sorta) (Review)
- Attachments by Rainbow Rowell (Review)
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (again…)
Favorite Posts from the Month:
- THE FAULT IN OUR STARS MOVIE TRAILER. Duh.
- “I do.” – This article is written by a woman about her husband. It’s beautiful and sensitive and a response to the article of “23 Reasons to Not Get Married at 23”. (Which I won’t bother linking.)
- “What I Be” Project – This was posted on Bored Panda and is a beautiful and touching display of Steve Rosenfield’s photo collection in which people are photographed with their greatest insecurities written on them.
- Barnes and Noble published a blog post where Laurie Halse Anderson (author of The Impossible Knife of Memory) talks about her creative writing process and the fact that her husband built her a writing cottage. I now want a writing cottage.
Songs that were Popular on my iPod:
This winter weather has me listening to some very chill music!
- My planner by May Designs. It’s super cute, compact, and actually keeps me on task… which isn’t easy, especially since I have never actually succeeded with using a planner, ever.
- Zumba, Bosu Balls, and exercising that’s actually fun! Even if I have been snowed in all week, I’m looking forward to the Rec Center opening back up at school so I can get my groove on.
- Carrots. I’ve eaten approximately 6 pounds of carrots this month.
3 Things I’m Sad to See Go with January:
- Jeromy’s New Iberia client. I’ve become spoiled to having him close to me for the month of January!
- Snow days! At least, I’m hoping we don’t miss days and days of school in February, or I’ll become one very (well-read) lazy individual.
- Lazy work days… I know school is about to get hectic, and I’m not looking forward to spending all of my free time doing school work.
3 Things I’m Looking Forward to in February:
- Valentine’s Day!
- The arrival of Baby Friday Broussard and finally finding out if I’ll be buying dresses or jumpers for my new little niece/nephew!
- My haircut next Friday… February is going to be a slow month, folks.
Favorite Quote from a Book I Read this Month:
― Laurie Halse Anderson, The Impossible Knife of Memory