February in One Word: Short!
My Favorite Memories in February 2014:
- A beautiful, romantic, wonderful Valentine’s Day and 18 month anniversary weekend
- Making chocolate covered strawberries with Steph
- Spending the first warm day in months outside at JSJ writing a paper
- Many, many weekends in New Orleans
- The birth of the beautiful and perfect Coryn Broussard!
Books I Read this Month:
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon (Review)
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell (Review)
- The Reason I Jump by Naoki Higashida
In Case You Missed It:
- My cousin Allie reads TFiOS for the first time
- An inspiring Dove chocolate wrapper
- Jeromy and I visit Bacchanal Wine for Valentine’s Day
- I detail how we choose books to read in Book Club
Favorite Posts from the Month:
- “33 Powerful and Creative Print Ads” – Bored Panda – These Drinking and Driving PSAs are really impactful and interesting. Maybe my head has been in marketing class lately, but I love seeing good, strong, interesting advertising.
- “The 10 Most Shocking Things We Learned About North Korea’s Labor Camps From Amnesty International” – Elite Daily – Ever since my book club read The Orphan Master’s Son by Adam Johnson, we have been majorly obsessed with all news coming out of North Korea. The fact that these people are still getting away with doing these things to their citizens astounds me.
- “Fiction vs. Literature” – Barnes and Noble – While a lot of what BN posts on their blog is utterly silly (re: “Our 7 Favorite Fictional Mice”), occasionally, they will post some thought provoking stuff. I love this article about the debate between what constitutes quality literature over fiction, and if some novels are impossible to make literature out of.
- “Social Rehabilitation” – A Practical Wedding – This article really struck a chord with me, especially when considering my previous failed relationship vs. my current perfectly amazing relationship.
Songs that were Popular on my iPod:
(I did A LOT of driving to New Orleans this month… so these songs are all songs that kept me awake on the road.)
- Baby Coryn Broussard. Because she’s so little and beautiful, and babies are pretty awesome to snuggle with.
- House of Cards. Oh. My. Word. I love Scandal, and this show is a more political, more messed up, more ambitious version of Scandal. On Sunday, February 23rd, I may or may not have sat on the couch and watched 10 episodes straight. (Thank you, Netflix.)
- Notecards. Tests. Multiple choice questions. Never ending notecards.
3 Things I’m Sad to See Go with February:
- The cold. I hate winter, truly, but this winter I’ve come to love big cozy, comfy sweaters. I’ll miss wearing those.
- Weekends in New Orleans. I love having Jeromy in Lafayette, but I’ll be a little sad to not spend every weekend in New Orleans.
- The easy part of the semester. March begins crunch time.
3 Things I’m Looking Forward to in March:
- Another month with Jeromy being in Lafayette on a client. It’s so nice to have him around.
- Mardi Gras (mostly the few days off when I’m allowed to be lazyyy)
- My last full month of being LESS THAN A QUARTER CENTURY OLD. Whew.
Favorite Quote from a Book I Read this Month:
― Diana Gabaldon, Outlander