Y’all, March has already come and gone! I can’t believe we have already flown through a third of 2014. I have so many fun things coming up later in the year, and I guess my anxiousness to get to vacation and moving and finishing school is making this year fly by.
March in One Word: Hectic!
My Favorite Memories in March 2014:
- Having Jeromy in Lafayette for the entire month! I can’t wait until he’s back in Lafayette permanently!
- Catching up with old friends and family at Margaret’s wedding shower
- Having a few days off for Mardi Gras, even if I spent it with a head cold
- Learning a new card game with Jeromy, Abby, and Jordan
- Celebrating Simone’s day of birth with a surprise party!
- Celebrating spring with a BBQ
Books I Read this Month:
(No reviews this month–I know, I know! But I didn’t feel the need to write a review for these novels, as they were second in a series, not super awesome, or nonfiction.)
- Hollow City by Ransom Riggs (#2 in Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children series)
- Lowland by Jhumpa Lahiri
- I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai
In Case You Missed It:
Favorite Posts from the Month:
- “There’s No Set Path to Success” – Elite Daily – This wonderful article shows that the path to success is not always finding a steady job and working your way up the ladder. Sometimes, people get sidetracked or come up with a brilliant idea when they are 40. (John Pemberton invented Coca-Cola when he was 55!) Read this article.
- “Single Lady” – APW – While I am not a single lady, this article resonated with me in so many ways, and made me think of so many of my beautiful, talented friends who aren’t in a relationship. Beautiful article.
- “Girl Power: Books for Bold Women” – New York Public Library – Because, of course. Speak is the only one I have read so far, which sorta shames me since there are some classics on this list.
- “All the Things I Haven’t Done (Yet)” – APW – This whole article is just… everything. It’s everything I thought when Jer and I started dating, and it’s everything I think now. Whew.
Songs that were Popular on my iPod:
(You can blame my mom for those first two!)
- Yoga! I have slowly started to skip all of my other workout classes in favor of yoga three times a week. And now I’m obsessed a bit.
- Jimmy John’s. I refuse to reveal just how often I’ve had them deliver a sandwich to my office.
- Home decor. Because of my new job, of course.
3 Things I’m Sad to See Go with March:
- My last days of being 24.
- My Samsung Galaxy S4. It dove into the water and I’m back to having an iPhone.
- The easiest part of my semester. High gear from here on out!
3 Things I’m Looking Forward to in April:
- Easter break!
- Boiled crawfish with the family
- My birthday.. sigh.
Favorite Quote from a Book I Read this Month:
― Malala Yousafzai, I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban