April in One Word: Birthday!
My Favorite Memories in April 2014:
- Girls’ supper with Kay and Simone and our mommas
- Learning to use Photoshop and Illustrator
- Pre-birthday weekend full of fun with the family and omg-amazing food
- Kings of Leon and Local Natives concert in New Orleans!
- Finishing CESIM and all required essays for the semester
- A looooong Easter ending with a night with friends
- Cat sitting Theo while Abby and Jordan road tripped, and binge watching Game of Thrones
- Relaxing during Spring Break
- Festival International and fun with friends!
- The Broussard/Songy weddingWatching one of my oldest friends get married!
Books I Read this Month:
- Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein (Review)
- Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
- Hate List by Jennifer Brown (ReRead)
- Side Effects May Vary by Julie Murphy
- The Museum of Extraordinary Things by Alice Hoffman (Review)
In Case You Missed It:
- New feature on the blog! Book recommendations! If you recommend it, I will read it. Guaranteed. (I pray I won’t end up regretting that guarantee down the road…)
- I turned 25.
- Top Ten Tuesday, where I put together an If you liked, then you’ll love… post with book, movie, and blog favorites.
Favorite Posts from the Month:
- “For Life” – Brain, Child – Tissue alert. This is the most hauntingly beautiful read.
- “How to be In Love” – APW – Beautiful and perfectly spot on.
- “The Sneaky (Social!) Trick to Conquering Your Mess” – Good Housekeeping – Seriously wanting to do this. Any takers? Anyone at all?
- “Coffee Drawings Change Up the Daily Grind” – Visual News – Because it’s cute, and why not?
- These new cardigans from Old Navy. And this dress from J. Crew. It was a great shopping month.
- Houses and rent houses and apartments and places to live. Zillow and Realtor.com.
- Game of Thrones, my Nook, and anything that can distract me from homework.
3 Things I’m Sad to See Go with April:
- My birthday. I’m such a birthday diva.
- Spring break and Easter
- A little buddy that left.
3 Things I’m Looking Forward to in May:
- The end of the semester!
- Weekend fun… anniversary celebrations, graduations, and another part of the CPA exam being finished
- Packing up my life. For some reason, I’m so looking forward to it!
Favorite Quote from a Book I Read this Month: