September in One Word: Anxious
My Favorite Memories in September 2014:
- So much time off with Jeromy
- Finding out Kay will be having baby #4!
- The first UL home game of the season
- Football season starting and getting knee-deep in Fantasy Football
- Our first double date in a long time
- Finally getting some leads on potential jobs
- Jeromy’s last day at EY and his 26th birthday
- A long lunch with a long-lost cousin
- Getting Lauren’s Save the Date addressed to “The future Mr. and Mrs. Bourque”
Books I Read this Month:
- We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
- The Post-Birthday World by Lionel Shriver
- Landline by Rainbow Rowell (Review)
- The Steady Running of the Hour by Justin Go
- Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson
Favorite Posts from the Month:
- A few articles that caught my attention over the summer
- Miss America and the fallacy of its scholarship claims, courtesy of John Oliver’s Last Week Tonight
- Lena Dunham is a feminist god and gives perfect advice
- Career tips from famous women
- Objects you find when cleaning out your childhood bedroom
- Fantasy. Football. Not a new obsession, but a renewed obsession.
- The library. I currently have 9 books checked out. (Pro Tip: All. The Books. For. Free!)
- Fashion blogs, like this one and this (local!) one.
3 Things I’m Sad to See Go with September:
- Lazy days with Jeromy since he goes back to work October 1st
- Summer and pool days
- The easiest part of the fall semester
3 Things I’m Looking Forward to in October:
- Gone Girl hitting theaters!
- Hopefully, getting off the couch and going to work everyday
- The fall weather, cardigans, and jeans!
Favorite Quote from a Book I Read this Month: