October in One Word: Blogggggggging. And Puppy.
My Favorite Memories in October 2014:
- Arthur the little brown puppy, and all of the fun we’ve had seeing him grow and come to love Addy
- So many amazing days outside (the fall weather is here and beautiful!)
- Back to work, back to work!
- Celebrating Cagen Jon’s 4th birthday with the dinosaurs
- Blogging every. single. weekday. Success!
- Seeing Gone Girl come to life in the theater (and being thoroughly creeped out by it)
- Celebrating my dad and grandmother’s birthdays with the family
Books I Read this Month: (Holy moly!)
- The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield (Review)
- Conversion by Katherine Howe (Review)
- Forever, Interrupted by Taylor Jenkins Reid (Review)
- How to Be a Woman by Caitlin Moran
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer (Review)
- The Memory Keeper’s Daughter by Kim Edwards
- A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman (Review)
In Case You Missed It (Best Posts from October):
- A new book challenge for me to tackle!
- My guest post on Color Me Brave about the Fear of Failing
- Gone Girl hit theaters!
- Mental Illness Awareness Week and novels that show a different side of mental illness
- A bit of Mona Lisa Smile and feminism
Favorite Posts from the Month:
- If you don’t believe sexism in advertising exists, check out this video. It made me laugh and cringe.
- This was the most compelling argument for children and technology that I’ve seen. A boy with autism learns to communicate using Siri.
- This one is for parents… How to deal when your children are having a tough time at school, and making sure that your home is a haven.
- A blogger encounters catcalling for the first time NYC. This one is worth a read.
- Life lessons from Alice in Wonderland.
- Bustle. Feminism meets snark meets celebrities meets funny.
- Organizational tools, like Wunderlist and Buffer
- The Skimm – A daily newsletter with big news stories and interesting factoids… I’m loving starting my day off with this.
3 Things I’m Sad to See Go with October:
- The beautiful fall weather turning into winter
- Free time.. I’m back to working full time and I will definitely miss my off days
- Daylight. I’m not looking forward to the time change!
3 Things I’m Looking Forward to in November:
- Jeromy finishing the CPA exam! (fingers crossed, fingers crossed)
- Finishing with my capstone course
- Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and the holidays officially starting
Favorite Quote from a Book I Read this Month:
– A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman