Happy end of 2014! While 2014 was fraught with stress and unemployment, it had some REALLY AWESOME things happen, like oh, engagement and vacations and getting a cute little pup. I love writing these wrap-ups because it gives me the chance to look back on the year and remember the great things that happened.
Major Events that Happened in 2014:
- I got engaged! My boy swept me away with the most perfect (bookish) proposal. We haven’t started planning the wedding yet, but I’m looking forward to starting once 2015 rolls around.
- I graduated! So many items checked off the list this year, but the one I am most proud of is graduating with my MBA.
- Jeromy is officially a CPA! Words cannot express how proud of him I am and how thankful I am that this CPA exam is all behind us.
- I decided to go back to teaching. This career decision was not an easy one, but I’m happy I’ve come to a conclusion. I struggled with wondering if I was just settling, but in the end, I know that teaching will make me happy.
- I turned 25. A quarter of a century old. And I’ve learned a lot in the process.
- We went to Colorado, and I feel in love with the place.
- We got Arthur Pup! Words can’t describe how much I love this ball of fur.
- Jeromy moved back home. New Orleans was awesome, but I’m really happy to have him back with me, and I’m glad that we decided to settle here for a while.
- Coryn Mabel Broussard was born, and my heart grew even bigger for my beautiful little niece.
- So many amazing books-turned-movies, including The Fault in Our Stars, Divergent, If I Stay, Gone Girl, and Wild! And I love that I got to see all of these in theaters with some of my best friends.
Things in 2014 I Am Most Proud Of:
- Graduation. I worked my butt off and got through graduate school with minimal scars and a lot of friends. I also found a confidence in myself that I know will make me a more effective teacher.
- Jeromy getting his CPA. The process of Jeromy finishing his CPA was the most stressful obstacle we have faced in our relationship. We both pushed and stressed worked for this CPA, and I couldn’t be prouder of him and of us for this accomplishment.
- Deciding to go back to teaching. It was a tough decision to make, and I’m proud of myself for really thinking about the tough things and swallowing my pride and admitting I wanted to teach again. I know that, in the long run, this is the right decision for me and my family.
Top 5 Favorite Books Of The Year:
- Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein (Review)
- We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
- The Winter Sea and The Firebird by Susanna Kearsley (Slains Series)
- A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman (Review)
- Wild by Cheryl Strayed (Review)
Things I’m Looking Forward to in 2015:
- Beginning to plan the wedding!
- Starting to teach full time
- Eric and Nicole’s Wedding