January in One Word: Cold
My Favorite Memories in January 2015:
- Bridesmaid dress shopping with my future sister-in-law!
- Cooking.. A Lot!
- Weekend alone with the kitten while the boys were camping
- Awesome visit with Momo, Steph, and Mom
- Getting retweeted by Lauren Oliver and replied to by Jandy Nelson ON THE SAME DAY
- Reuniting with elementary school friends at a bridal shower
- GETTING THE JOB!
- Last days at BMS
Books I Read this Month:
- I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson (Review)
- Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson
- The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult
- Smoke and Mirrors by Neil Gaiman
- A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness (In Process!)
In Case You Missed It (Best Posts from January):
- The books your book club should be reading
- I’m starting a new career in February!
- Book challenges that I’m tackling in 2015
Articles from Around the Web:
- These black and white historical pictures get a stunning makeover
- On “Marrying Down” and feminism that cheers on the men
- I’m not a mother, but I have an opinion on parenting
- My Clarisonic! I got it from my parents for Christmas, and me oh my, I’m addicted.
3 Things I’m Sad to See Go with January:
- Saturdays with Jeromy.. Busy season is in full swing, and the firm is monopolizing all of Jeromy’s time. Life with a CPA… Guess I’ll be seeing this for the next 20-30-40 years.
- My time at BMS. While public school was too… hectic.. for me, I really connected to a lot of the kids, and I’ll miss them for sure.
- Weekends of fun.. February (with the exception of a very fun wedding) will be a bit more lazy since Jeromy is working
3 Things I’m Looking Forward to in February:
- Starting my full time job at Ascension! I’m so looking forward to working with teenagers again, and I’m completely obsessed with how awesome this school is.
- Mardi Gras, if only to have a few days off
- Valentine’s day! How could you not love a day dedicated to love?
Favorite Quote from a Book I Read this Month:
– I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson